- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 gross per year
Head of Site Engineering
• Develop and monitor the Quality team through personal appraisals and regular feedback on performance.
• Deliver accurate, timely and consistent quality performance data that correlates to performance as perceived by the customer.
• Provide Quality KPI's in order to assist the Head of Site and senior management team improve the operating performance of the business.
• Maintain ISO9001:2015 certification.
• Support Quality function in direct customer liaison and be a point of escalation.
• Deliver projects through the effective use of APQP and NPI monitoring.
• Deliver accurate, timely and consistent reporting of new projects with regards to their status within the NPI process.
• Deliver fully developed assembly processes for new products that meet operational needs in terms of health and safety, quality, capacity and agreed takt times.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are available for all manufacturing areas and products.
• Conduct full Gate 6 reviews of products in line with current state data.
• Drive continuous improvement projects that embrace lean manufacturing through the use of kaizen and other recognised lean tools.
• Keep abreast of modern manufacturing techniques and available equipment that compliments the business core competencies to deliver product to meet increasing quality expectations and improve on efficiency and productivity.
• To participate fully and cohesively with employees from all departments across the Group and at all levels from shop floor to CEO.
• To act as an experienced senior manager applying judgement, common sense and management perspectives to the stewardship and decision making appropriate to the responsibility carried by the role.
• To assist in the development and execution of strategic plans for future business.
• Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing/quality environment
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant manufacturing/engineering discipline
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience of leading and developing a team (ideally with an engineering bias)
• Experience of project management
• Experience of Lean Manufacturing
• A working knowledge of APQP and NPI gateway systems
• A working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering and Quality systems
• An appreciation of a QMS
- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/TS/IATF 16949:2009
• Organised, structured and systematic approach to work
• Strong communication skills
• IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Six Sigma certificate
• 2 years' automotive experience
• Steel fabrications experience
- iso 9001
- ms project