- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £10,000.00 - £70,000.00 gross per year
Are you an experienced technology leader with an ability to make an impact, drive change across the business, improve delivery practices and lead a team of dedicated software engineers? The Head of Software Engineering is a critical role within the business, reporting in to the CTO you will work with leaders across the business to develop cutting edge technology, products and execute the company vision and strategy.
The business are undergoing a period of growth, with a view of continuing to scale in both size and achievements. Within this role you will be lead a team of engineers (circa 50 across 2 sites), including coaching, continually evolving to a more lean/agile environment and technology driven environment. You will partner alongside the CTO and technology leadership team to develop the technical vision, strategy and technical roadmap that will continue to help the business be an innovative leader in their field.
- Establishing and evolving working methodologies and processes, identifying the bottlenecks and solving them, and using measurement and experimentation to improve delivery practices.
- Maintain a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- Ensure products and systems are developed within an overall architectural blueprint which accommodates regular innovation and evolution.
- Develop company and product strategy. Ensure business and technology strategy are aligned, and effectively communicate decisions and direction at all levels of the company.
To be successful in the role of Head of Software Engineering you will:
- Track record of scaling product delivery in a commercial environment, and developing an engineering culture capable of speed, agility, and deep technology development
- Interest in machine learning, big data and emerging technologies.
- Have a background in software development/software engineering.
- Ability to lead, drive, encourage, mentor a team of engineers. Driving best practice, clean code.
- Consumer experience and strong product intuition and passion, enjoy engaging on product plans
- Able to educate on lean principles and flow for getting work done
- Energetic, collaborative, an excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, growth environment that embraces agile and experimentation-driven development
- Have a strong network, able to attract and excite great talent
Please click on 'Apply Now' along with your up-to-date CV stating your notice period and salary expectations or get in touch with Stuart Aird at FPSG for a discrete conversation and more information.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.