- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Position: Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £35,000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 11/12/2018
For the role of Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you provide day to day Safety, Heath, Environmental, BCM & Facilities assistance and advice to enable the site to comply with relevant statutory legislation.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Being point of contact for enforcement authorities
• Ensuring adequate Safety, Health and Environmental guidance is provided to the site
• Controlling the input and retrieval of information to and from the companies H&S Safety software management
• Analyse and assist developing action plan for site based on accident/incident and claims information
• Assisting in the design, implementation and management of all company safety promotions
• Networking to ensure the sharing and obtainment of best practice within the business
• Ensuring accident investigations are completed and actions are implemented to prevent reoccurrence at the site
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Extensive experience in a H&S role
• Previous H&S responsibility in warehouse and transport environments
• Ability to create H&S improvement plans and work to targets
• Previous experience in facilities (desirable)
• NEBOSH National General Certificate (Essential)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
FACTS AND FIGURES
Division V7, SUPPLY CHAIN
Business Unit DHL Supply Chain UK
Job Type Health, Safety & Environment
Career Level Senior Professionals
Reports to General Manager
Target Hire Date 12/18/2018
Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Shift Requirement Day time only
Relocation Offered None
Travel Required No Business Travel
Work Permit Required Yes
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.