- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Ives
Health and Safety Officer (Temporary Cover)
Our client is a large distributor and manufacturing company based in St Ives. They are currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer, on a temporary basis due to cover sickness.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all Health and Safety matters within their area of remit are managed in accordance with best practices. You will need to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines across multiple projects, whilst maintaining accuracy. Prior knowledge and experience of working in a Manufacturing and Warehousing environment is essential.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
* Carry out Risk Assessments, audits and investigations as required and produce relevant documentation and manage revision/review cycle to ensure continuous compliance.
* Support Health and Safety Training initiatives, identify training needs and deliver training solutions as required e.g. manual handling, safety briefings etc
* To identify short comings in policies, procedures and systems and ensure legal compliance - identify and implement remedial action to address issues.
* Produce reports as required so all employees are aware of present status, issues and areas of risk, improvements etc.
* Assist with internal and external audits.
* Maintenance of H&S systems to ensure accurate record keeping.
* Ensure new starters are given appropriate safety induction.
* Monitor and analyse site safety performance and maintain appropriate records.
* Provide support on H&S related matters and H&S initiatives to the H&S Manager.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will have the following:
* NEBOSH Certificate ideally working towards a Diploma or equivalent.
* IOSH member with a commitment to on-going professional development.
* Educated to minimum Grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
* Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* Can work autonomously and own projects when required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (including ability to liaise confidently with authorities and external bodies).
* Ability to plan and prioritise and work to deadlines.
* Up to date knowledge/understanding of health and safety legislation.
For more information, please contact Lisa Parsons