- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
Drummond Bridge are currently representing Scotland's largest member organisation to recruit a Health & Safety Officer in Inverness.
Reporting directly to the National H,S&E Manager you will be responsible for in offering a range of health, safety and environmental services (Health and Safety being the primary focus) to Operations Directorate and be the first point of contact for property management within their allotted property portfolio.
As the Regional Health & Safety Adviser you will develop a close and effective working relationship with the management within their allotted properties, including General Managers, Business Managers and Operations Managers (where appropriate). This will enable, and require, the post-holder to respond quickly to requests for assistance as well as becoming a relied upon and readily available professional HS&E practitioner to properties within their portfolio. They will become a key member of the planning/decision-making process.
To be successful for the role you will possess the following:
- Full NEBOSH Diploma qualified (or equivalent)
- Driving Licence, valid for driving within the UK.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management or equivalent (or committed to achieving formal qualification within 6 months of appointment)
- Sound, broad post qualification experience
- Experience of HS&E auditing
- In depth experience of conducting and reporting on accidents and near miss/incidents including the development of strategies for preventing recurrence
- Familiarisation with extracting HS&E performance indicators (both lagging and leading) to produce action focused reports identifying trends and areas for attention
- Accustomed to providing HS&E support in a complex, multi-functional organisation
- Some experience in the development of policy and procedures, either to sign-off or as a contributor
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Self-sufficient in use of MS Office products
- Experience of designing and presenting HS&E training activities