- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Venatu Recruitment Group are currently looking for experienced Class 2 driver to work for our clients in the Bristol area.
This is a permanent position.
Class 2 Day Driver
Monday to Friday 5am (48 hours a week)
One to Two nights out per week (night allowance, meal allowance)
10 Drops per day
25K per year
To deliver product to various customer premises as instructed on your delivery manifest, to ensure product is delivered correctly as per the delivery notes, EPOD scanner and all associated delivery paperwork is signed by the customer correctly any shortages, left overs or damage is communicated to the customer before departure to next deliver point.
- Ensure your Driver Digital Card is inserted at start of shift and mode switch is put to the cross hammer symbol whilst doing the daily walk round checks
- Ensure a Work Certificate is completed daily ensuring your start time and finish times match that of the Tachograph
- Ensure all mileages, tolls and any other associated expenses are completed correctly on the work certificate
- Ensure you Liaise daily with the Team Leader to obtain your next day's delivery instructions
- Ensure the demount box on your vehicle is properly secured before transportation
- Ensure you are courteous, polite and helpful when delivering to our customers, problems or issues whilst delivering must be communicated as soon as possible to the customer
- You must also inform your team leader of any serious issues, which will affect your ability to complete all your deliveries.
- Any goods left over at the end of your shift that have not been delivered is communicated to the customer and team leader
- Ensure all associated paperwork is completed correctly paying particular attention to ensuring the customer signs, date and prints his name for the goods being received
- Ensure delivery and departure times are entered correctly on the route sheet
- Any damage caused to the vehicle is reported to Team Leader as soon as practicable
- Any defect with the vehicle, trailer or demount box are communicated to the FSC and Team Leader with the relevant defect note number for corrective action
- Ensure your work certificate is completed and handed into the Team Leader on Time
- Ensure you report any sickness by phone to your Team Leader on the first day of sickness.
- Ensure you report immediately any involvement in a Road traffic incident to the Team Leader
- Ensure you report immediately any encounter by the DVSA or Police to the Team Leader
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience of multi drop operations highly beneficial.
- Experience of working with plastic products desirable
- Experience of deliver and associated paperwork, use of EPOD scanner essential for role
- Manual handling of product
- Organised team player who can work under pressure by using their own initiative to meet day to day demands of the position.
- Attention to detail essential
- Effective communication skills
- Full clean C driving licence.
- Possession of a valid Driver CPC card
- Possession of a valid Digital Tachograph card
- Awareness of Health and Safety
For more information, please call Sally on /
At Venatu Recruitment Group, your right to privacy is important to us.
By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system.
This will enable you to register for job alerts, apply for jobs and for us to help you find your next role.