- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- NORTH WEST, GB
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants from all backgrounds for the position of Highways Maintenance Operative. We offer a competitive package and an inclusive working environment, where we work hard every day to create better places to live, work and travel.
What will this role involve?
- Being part of a committed and enthusiastic team of people working across the region
- Undertaking all aspects of highway maintenance works including; carriageway patching, civils type works, traffic management, litter picking, safety fence repairs etc. keeping the network safe for all users
- Participating in winter maintenance services e.g. precautionary gritting and the safe clearance of snowfall
- Following the Amey Zero Code by ensuring yourself, your colleagues and the people around you are safe
- Liaising with emergency services, members of the public and the wider community
What are we looking for?
- A full driving license – the HGV Class 2 license is also desirable
- It is desirable, but not essential to have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
Why work for Amey?
‘Putting people first’ is one of our core values which underpins the way we work. We want to continue putting people first by supporting the wellbeing of our employees, clients and customers.
In return for your commitments you will be making difference in within your local community. Working for Amey, you will be eligible to receive excellent benefits such as:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career with Amey
- Generous holiday entitlement with the option to purchase additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership, travel insurance and car incentive scheme
- Discounts at high street stores including cheaper cinema tickets and special offers available at local restaurants