- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £9.13 - £9.79 gross per hour
- REDBRIDGE LONDON
Home Care Assistant
We have a new opportunity for a home care assistant to work in Redbridge.
- Salary £9.13 - £9.79 per hour (depending of qualifications)
- £3.00 per hour of travel and 50 pence mileage per mile
- Excellent training, development and career progression opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
As a home care assistant, you will have a passionate and compassionate approach and previous experience as a home care assistant, care assistant or carer. We are looking for people with initiative and a genuine interest in building effective relationships with the people you are supporting. An understanding of health, well -being and safeguarding is also necessary. You are provided with regular supervision. Our ideal care assistant will have NVQ Level 2 as well as experience. If you are experienced and don’t have NVQ Level 2 we will still, consider your application.You need to be a car driver for this post with access to your own vehicle.
Key duties of the home care Assistant post include
- Providing residents with high quality person -centred care
- Assisting them with their meal preparation or heating up of meals
- Assisting them with their medication
- Helping them with personal care needs as and when required
- Helping residents with their daily tasks
- Providing care, support and empathy
- Accurate record keeping
- Adhering to care plans
- Working effectively in a team and writing effective handovers
- Liaising with clients’ social workers
- Meeting safeguarding and DOLS requirements
- Communicating patiently, calmly and clearly
- A flexible, ‘can-do’ approach
- Care and attention to detail
We are looking for home care assistants who can work up to 16 hours a week between 7am and 11pm. To apply for this post please send your CV.
Oakley Professional Recruitment are an agency, and this is just one of several roles we are working on. The successful home care assistant will undergo full safe- guarding and referencing checks.
- own vehicle