- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
Home Delivery Driver X7 - Doncaster
Shift Patterns: Day-time only
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 17th December 2018
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we’re looking for world-class people. People who aren’t afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
Responsibility for efficient transportation and delivery of products to customers using a commercial motor vehicle meeting company, customer and legislative requirements.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Manual Handling
• Working in a team
• Working in a safe manner
• Processing paperwork
• Operating IT-systems as required
• Working within a physically demanding environment
• Operating mechanical handling equipment
• Transportation and delivery of products
• Complying with local legislative requirements and company policies and procedures
• Representing DHL in a professional manner to customers
• Delivering to customers as part of a two man delivery team or single handed as required
• Follow customer specific procedures
• Maintain regular contact with Transport team
• Count and check all products, compare to manifest and complete a visual check for damage
• Report any excesses, shortages or damage to supervisor in a timely manner
• Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limits
• Complete routine vehicle checks and comply with working time legislation
•Valid applicable Driver's Licence
• Previous knowledge of driving commercial vehicles
• Knowledge of surrounding area
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; pension scheme, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
Division DSC - SC - Supply Chain (SC_1)
Business Unit DHL Supply Chain UK
Job Type Drivers & Couriers
Career Level Operatives
Reports to Transport Manager
Target Hire Date 12/16/2018
Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Shift Requirement Day time only
Relocation Offered None
Travel Required No Business Travel
Work Permit Required Yes
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.