- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,945.00 - £21,166.00 gross per year
Job Title: Gardener
Salary: £19,945 - £21,166 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 4th August 2019
Come and join The Council's multi-award winning and highly acclaimed gardening team working across the district carrying out a full range of horticultural tasks.
To carry out all aspects of grounds maintenance in an approved manner, with particular emphasis on safe working practices with regards to other colleagues and members of the public.
To ensure all areas are maintained to a high standard.
Maintenance of flower, shrub and rose beds:
- Leading teams carrying out all types of maintenance works to flower, shrub and rose beds including planting, weeding, edging and pruning as required
- Leading a team cutting grass using ride on machinery, pedestrian mowers and strimmers. Includes sweeping of the pathway after cutting
- Grass cutting of ornamental lawns, bowling and putting greens. Required to use and maintain the machinery as instructed and trained
Spraying of insecticides, fungicides, pesticides and herbicides:
- Fungicide and insecticide spraying of roses and herbicide spraying on ornamental lawns, bowling greens and putting greens and around obstacles etc.
Carrying out landscape construction works:
- Leading a team carrying out a wide range of landscape construction works
Health and Safety:
- Assists the Supervisor Parks and Street Cleansing in carrying out risk assessments and tool box talks on a variety of subjects and tasks
- Is in overall charge of ensuring daily vehicle checks are carried out and recorded and the vehicle is in a road worthy condition and kept reasonably clean both inside and out
- Experienced in the full range of horticultural practices
- Experienced in instructing and directing less skilled staff in these practices
- Experienced in using a wide range of machinery, tools and equipment
- Full UK driving licence with entitlement to tow a trailer
- PA1 and PA6A pesticide certificate. Health & Safety training
- Minimum of NVQ Level 2 in horticulture or equivalent or relevant experience
- The ability to identify a wide range of trees and shrubs
- The ability to use a wide range of specialist equipment
- Able to lead a team by example and work with minimum supervision
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to a high standard of customer care
- The capability to produce work of a consistently high standard
- Capable of demonstrating the capability and willingness to teach new skills and techniques to lesser
- Capable of carrying out manual tasks sometimes of a physically demanding nature
- Chainsaw certificate
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form, attach your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Garden Maintenance Officer, Ground Maintenance Operative, Gardener, Experienced Gardener, Maintenance, General Maintenance, Garden Designer, Landscape Gardener, Grounds, Gardener, Garden Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Landscaper may also be considered for this role.
- Grounds Maintenance
- General Maintenance
- Landscape Gardener
- Garden Maintenance
- Experienced Gardener
- Ground Maintenance Operative
- Garden Designer
- Garden Maintenance Officer