- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Hemel Hempstead
The Human Resources (HR) and Organisational Development (OD) Team Leader will be required to oversee : Management
- HR and OD Team in providing an effective Human Resources and OD service at all levels.
- To manage the delivery plan of the people, strategy and the development post 2020
- Implementation and project management of new HR system
- To manage the HR and OD budget. Leadership
- To deputise for the Group Manager (People and Communities) on all strategic HR and OD matters.
- Provide effective leadership, support and motivation to the HR and OD team.
- Lead on all employee relations matters
- To lead the Council's corporate training and development function, advising the Council's leadership team and managers on all aspects of training and development
- To develop and deliver corporate organisational development strategies, to meet the Council's priorities and individual needs. Performance and Policy Development
- Lead on all employee relations matters and assist/advise managers in consultations/negotiations with staff and Trade Unions where necessary.
- To contribute to the development, review and implementation of corporate HR and OD policies in line with current employment legislation and good practice
- Keep up to date with legislative and policy changes; and best practice, relating to HR and OD to ensure that this is fed into service delivery.
- Support the Group Manager (People and Communities) in achieving the required key performance targets for the service.
- Promote genuine equality and diversity in all aspects of staff management and service delivery.
- To ensure the Council's approach to performance management is effective and adds value The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Evidence of continuous professional and/or personal development in the fields of HR, people development and organisational change skills
- Experience within a Local Authority setting would be advantageous Key Behaviours and Comptencies:
- Seeing the bigger picture Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to provide effective employee relations advice guidance & support across the Council
- Able to support managers in planning workforce change
- Able to identify and implement 'good practice'
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to deliver projects
- Ability to streamline processes and use technology to increase effectiveness and deliver efficiencies.
- Committed to equality and diversity
- Excellent understanding of Human Resources and Organisational Development issues at a local and national level Essential:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of employment law issues
- Project management skills
- Proficient IT skills in Microsoft word and excel Previous Experience:
- Recent experience of supporting and implementing change
- Recent experience of writing HR policies and procedures
- Recent experience of advising on HR implications in relation to TUPE
- Recent proven experience of managing a HR Service covering a full range of HR activities e.g. transactional HR, employee relations etc.
- Recent proven track record of delivering projects at a corporate level.
- human resources
- ms project