- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,380.00 gross per year
Fixed Term 6-Months
The James Hutton Institute HR team is working to implement a People Strategy and plans that will facilitate the delivery of the objectives laid out in the new Corporate Strategy.
We have an opportunity for someone to join the team. In this role, which reports directly to the Head of HR, you will support our recruitment and training and development activity as well as being involved in general administration tasks as listed below. In addition, you’ll ensure that the team work efficiently organising travel and meetings and carrying out procurement and finance processes. Importantly you’ll be a professional and trustworthy person acting as an ambassador for the HR service and further enhancing our reputation.
To deliver effectively in this role you must have an organised approach to your work ensuring that established processes are implemented correctly. You should also be able to manage different priorities. In terms of knowledge and experience you will have gained a higher level qualification to at least at HND level in a related subject e.g. Business, and have experience of an office environment. Our HRIS (Cascade) is changing the way we work so a good grasp of IT is essential and experience with a similar system would be beneficial.
You will be based at Invergowrie however some travel between sites will be necessary on occasion.
More information on the detail of the post and the post holder can be found below in the job description.
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide delivery administrative support to the HR team.
- Support HR service excellence as an HR ambassador, demonstrating sensitivity and confidentiality in all HR and employee matters.
Main duties of post holder
- Carry out general administrative tasks within the team including the maintenance of personnel files, flexi-time records, vaccination checking/provision, driving licence checks etc.
- Maintain employee files in the HR Information System at the point of recruitment and during employment e.g. entering sickness absence information, updating records
- Support HR procedures such as absence management ensuring records are up to date and timelines are met
- Organise candidate screening and interviews as part of the recruitment process
- Maintain employee files in the HR Information System for learning and development activity e.g. updating training records, assist with training needs analysis, and sourcing learning provisions
- Administration of course booking system and elearning platform. Prepare contracts, letters, emails, reports and other correspondence as required
- Attend meetings, take and distribute minutes and follow-up on action items
- Carry out team administration such as raising purchase orders, organising travel bookings and team meeting administration
- HND level qualification in Human or related subject e.g. Business
- Previous experience of working within HR function (minimum 1 year)
- Experience of working with an HR Information System
- Ability to prioritise workload with conflicting priorities
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Customer focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and able to use initiative
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office Suite
- BA/BSc or equivalent in related subject or relevant experience.
- CIPD membership
- Previous experience in recruitment and/or training and development activities.
- Experience of taking minutes of meeting and following up on action items
- Experience in preparing presentations and spreadsheets, analysis of data and intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft office
- Experience of Cascade HR Information System
- Experience of working in a multi-site organization
The James Hutton Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.