- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Milton Keynes
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
HR CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR
Position: HR Customer Service Advisor
Location: Milton Keynes
Customer: DHL UK&I
Contract Type: Secondment (6 Months)
Closing Date for Applications: 10th December 2018
For the role of HR Customer Service Advisor you will be responsible for ensuring that you deliver high quality and consistent HR advice, support and resolution to all employees, line managers and outside parties across the end to end employee lifecycle spectrum, through the application of HR/Shared Services policies and procedures with the purpose of making DHL SC a great place to work and delivering a great experience to our customers, in a way that improves their effectiveness day to day. To manage the end to end HR transactional activities associated with the senior executive management population, redundancy calculations and compromise agreements. To undertake the due diligence and administrative activities associated with the Transfer of Undertakings – Protection of Employment (TUPE) for new business and the closure of sites. To provide advice as appropriate to DHL SC employees on Data Protection and Freedom of Information provision including processes and procedures, and Subject Access Requests.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Deliver a quality and professional service to all customers ensuring compliance with employment legislation, DHL SC policies and good employment practice.
• Provide timely, accurate advice, support and guidance on end to end employee life-cycle processes, including new vacancies, joiners, movers, leavers, pay changes, special leave types and compensation and benefit administration for all employees and managers.
• Provide timely, accurate advice on employee relations policy and processes, pay and grading, terms and conditions of employment, diversity and development issues.
• Liaise with the People Performance Case Management team in relation to more complex HR issues.
• Resolve day to day customer service enquiries, issues and complaints, escalating as appropriate, and deal with any service recovery.
• Administer senior executive management HR transactional activities associated with the employee life-cycle, across the organisation within agreed procedures, standards and timescales.
• Administer and process redundancy calculations, compromise agreements and bi-annual health checks, within agreed procedures, standards and timescales, complying with all statutory requirements.
• Ensure that all employee data is entered into Oracle and associated HR systems in a timely, accurate and consistent manner, whilst ensuring accurate and comprehensive employee information.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Engages stakeholders effectively, resolving issues and understanding drivers/needs, building good relationships with internal and external departments and 3rd party organisations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across cultural boundaries, to deal effectively with all levels of staff
• Self-motivated, well-organised, adaptable, and resilient.
• High attention to detail
• Responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace.
• Always approaches things from the customer’s perspective seeing potential problems & finding solutions
• Experience in using MS Excel, PowerPoint & Oracle HRMS.
• Graduate CIPD/ working towards a CIPD or Certificate in Personnel Practice desirable or equivalent qualification or relevant HR experience
• Experience of working in HR or Payroll team, ideally within a customer orientated commercial environment
• Sound knowledge of DHL DC HR processes and procedures
• Experience of providing detailed and timely HR/Pay advice.
• Experience of coaching managers and employees on employee life-cycle processes
• An understanding of the role HR Customer Service Delivery plays and its interactions with other HR functions across the employee life cycle
• Able to fully utilize standard Microsoft Office products and the application of Oracle, HR systems and workflow/case management
• GCSE (or similar) English & Math’s – essential
• Graduate CIPD/ working towards a CIPD or Certificate in Personnel Practice desirable or equivalent qualification or relevant HR
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.