- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19035986
Work as a member of the HR Professional Services Team to deliver end to end HR processes and procedures to the UK
This role is likely to have a significant UK population with some regional responsibility. The volume and complexity of the ER landscape will be medium to high with limited oversight required from the HR Generalist Manager.
The UK business covers both Citicorp and Citi Holdings. With approximately 9,000 employees in the UK, this role will
focus on providing HR support to client groups across the full range of the Citi business lines as follows: Markets, TTS,
Banking, Private Bank, Consumer, Global Functions, Operations and Technology.
- Build strong relationships with line managers, working as a partner with the business to ensure the effective and
seamless delivery of end-to-end HR processes. Proactive engagement with line managers will be a fundamental feature
of the role.
- Develop strong working relationships with the COE Teams to help ensure the efficient delivery of end to end processes to
clients and employees
- Deliver excellent client service during interactions across the full range of UK businesses
- Work with line managers to set goals for employees, perform reviews against goals, provide high quality feedback and
link compensation to performance reviews
- Assist line managers to:
- Address under performance
- Develop employee to grow into new roles
- Have difficult conversations
- Provide advisory and training support to employees and managers during the performance management and employee
- Drive calibration across the year end processes.
- Advise Line Managers on opportunities and risks relating to management actions that may affect ER
- Perform exit management actions (resignations, retirement, sickness)
- Liaising with ER team for changes to standard letters, query resolution and seeking exceptions
- Manage employee referrals to Occupational Health, feedback to managers (where appropriate), manage PHI process.
- Provide proactive manager education to improve ER environment and mitigate risks
- Work with managers to address employee issues and assist with performance management
- Counsel employees on personal and work related issues that affect performance and foster policy understanding e.g.
performance capability, individual consultations etc
- Partner with Recruiting, Compensation and Line Managers to ensure proposed Compensation offers to candidates are
compliant with regulatory, Citi and business unit requirements.
- Monitor recruiting data and metrics to identify trends and anticipate issues e.g. us of compensation commitments
- Interpret and implement workforce plan and integrate with replacement and opportunistic hiring
- Support managers to devise appropriate new-hire orientation and transition plans
- Facilitate internal career mobility discussions with employees and managers
- Participate in the approvals process e.g. ATO
- Partner with the reward team through the year end process and on reward issues
- Partner with the reward team to ensure that reward policies and initiatives are communicated throughout the business
- Advise line managers on opportunities and risks relating to management actions that may affect Diversity and Inclusion
- Advise Compensation Managers in Fair Pay data as part of the annual compensation process
Talent and OD:
- Assess capability and develop individual contributors and people managers below the senior management level
- Manage/facilitate/deliver high potential programmes
- Manage rotational/mobility programmes
- Provide support for business team development i.e. NMAP
- Ensure appropriate on-boarding for specific businesses or subset of individuals
- Partner with Mobility to devise a rationale for Approval purposes (includes information to facilitate relocation)
- Dealing with complex individual negotiations
Risk and Controls:
- Understand and proactively manage risk and compliance across all areas of work
- Appropriately assess risk/reward relationships when making business decisions
Reporting and Metrics:
- Prepare updates and respond in a timely way to data requests
- Ensure all reporting and communication adheres to Citi's policies
- A ctively contribute to HR projects as defined by the HRA/HR PS Team
This role provides the opportunity for the incumbent to work within the HR Professional Services Team delivering end to
end HR processes. There is an opportunity to develop HR skills in all aspects of human resources in a complex corporate
- Experience in an HRBP/
- Good understanding of UK and Northern Ireland employment law, policies and systems
- Knowledge and experience of sound HR practice
Commercial awareness and a solid understanding of how HR adds value to the business
- Project management and delivery
- Highly numerate and literate, able to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Client Excellence: can quickly establish rapport and credibility to deal in a professional manner with individuals at all
levels in the organisation.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to influence at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience of working proactively as a partner to a business area driving the HR agenda
- Ability to work effectively across COE teams to secure resources and ensure delivery against business deliverables
- Strong coaching skills and ability to coach managers on a variety of HR topics
- Proficient in the use of HR systems, preferably People Soft
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, numerical skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrable problem solving skills and solutions focused
- Adaptable approach and execution orientated
- High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and on-going change
- Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- Professionally qualified (CIPD) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of delivery in a busy environment.
- Strong organisational skills: organise and drive personal work flow and follow-up to completion.
- Time sensitive and productive: ability to be responsive and prioritise tasks, work to tight deadlines, expedite and chase to
- Confident but tactful and diplomatic communicator: both verbal and written.
- 'Process improvement' mindset to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the services offered.
- Resilient under pressure and self-motivated in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Personal integrity and discretion.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Team orientated.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary
skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective
and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.