- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £55,367.00 - £60,604.00 gross per year
Human and Organisational Development Manager
As a forward thinking council, committed to developing employees, you will find East Dunbartonshire Council has a working environment that is supportive and respectful, where ideas and personal contribution are encouraged. We now have an exciting, challenging but rewarding opportunity for a Human and Organisational Development Manager.
Reporting directly to the Executive Officer - Organisational Transformation, you will be an integral part of the senior management team helping to shape the direction of the strategic approach to Workforce Policy and Support across the organisation. Your role will include leadership across the range services to support the delivery of the Leadership Agenda, People Development, Organisational Development including Business Partnering and HR Operations Teams, Health & Safety, Transactional Employee & Payroll Services and Job Evaluation. The role will ensure the principles of early intervention and prevention in all workforce matters through a demonstrable willingness to embrace change as well as the drive, determination and enthusiasm to ensure that Human Resource and Organisational Development services make a significant contribution to the achievement of our strategic priorities.
For this role, you will already have substantial experience in HR Management and Organisational Development & Design. You will have extensive knowledge of the workforce challenges including the current context of employment law, be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, be an advocate of partnership working and have the skill to take forward a proactive, pragmatic, solutions and commercially focused Human Resource and Organisational Development service.
To find out more or to request an application pack contact Michaela Allardes, SMT Support Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 578 8142.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
- human resources