- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £50,000.00 gross per year
- GLASGOW LANARKSHIRE
One of my key clients within the Glasgow area requires a Hydraulic Design Engineer to work as part of the design team on a wide range of bespoke design projects for sophisticated equipment for the offshore market.
Our clients capabilities span engineering design, assembly, testing, installation and on site support. They have customer world wide and are at the fore front of unique design to the offshore sector.
- Hydraulic Design Engineer with extensive experience in the design and installation of mechanical systems. A sound engineering background coupled with proven team working skills should enable you to work within multi-disciplined teams on a variety of projects, whilst adhering to tight delivery schedules and budgets.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop hydraulic system design philosophy
- Participate fully in the development of Functional Design Specification, and FMECA Analysis,
- Develop hydraulic design concept
- Prepare hydraulic circuits and specifications for hydraulic equipment
- Working closely with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to develop operational and control philosophy
- Ensure all engineering activities are completed in compliance with applicable design requirements
- Liaise with Clients to ensure client requirements are met
- Liaise with Third Party Inspection Authorities
- Ensure products are manufactured in accordance with all client and in-house quality requirements
- Support workshop during equipment assembly and testing
- Occasional site installation, commissioning and testing support
- Ideally degree qualified, in an engineering discipline
- Good grounding in design and development of hydraulic systems
- Design of hydraulically actuated equipment and design of Hydraulic Power Units
- Knowledge of modern design drawing techniques, competence in the use of Solid works would be preferred.
- Problem solving and innovation
- Commercial understanding and experience of projects planning/management
- The successful applicant should be able to manage a varied and interesting workload encompassing all aspects of modern engineering design and be able to work as part of a team, leading project teams where required.
Salary 40-50k + benefits
- ms project