- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Based in London or Oxford. This permanent part- time role reports to the Development Manager. Salary £35,000-£45,000 pro rata PA (full time equivalent), plus benefits.
About Social Tech Trust
Social Tech Trust is at an exciting stage. With a clear purpose to transform lives with tech, the dedication of our expert team, a supportive Board, and a strong portfolio of social tech start-ups, we’re ready to scale our impact.
In pursuit of our vision of a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech, we’ve already invested more than £30 million in over 750 socially motivated initiatives. Now, with the backing of the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), we are developing the Social Tech Venture Fund to provide ventures with the longer-term support they need. We believe that impact management is key to demonstrating tech’s transformative potential.
Social Tech Trust has a decade of experience in developing pioneering approaches to understanding social tech’s impact. We’re looking for an Impact Manager who can build on these foundations and take our approach to the next level.
About this role
Our Impact Manager will work closely with our Development Manager and Investment Director to ensure that the pursuit of transformative impact is embedded within the entire organisation: our team, our portfolio, our partnerships and programmes, the Social Tech Venture Fund, and everything else we do.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the Social Tech Trust’s holistic approach to impact management. The Impact Manager will work with the team to measure and understand our portfolio ventures’ impact, and to help us benchmark and improve our portfolio performance. The Impact Manager will also play a key role in helping Social Tech Trust to assess the systemic impact of our collaborations, innovation programmes, investments and partnerships.
This is an opportunity to build the evidence base to strengthen and grow the fields of social tech and impact investment. Ultimately, it is an opportunity to demonstrate how social tech ventures contribute to transforming communities, health and wealth.
Understanding our impact
- Equip the Social Tech Trust team to support our portfolio ventures to develop their impact frameworks and optimise their impact by improving data collection processes and metrics selection
- Manage portfolio-level data collection, analysis and impact reporting
- Work with the Development Manager to develop impact goals and metrics for partnerships and programmes
Strengthening our impact
- Support the investment and portfolio teams in implementing impact management frameworks and inform social due diligence of prospective investments
- Analyse impact data from our investments, grants and programmes to make recommendations for more effective nonfinancial support for social tech ventures and to improve the Trust’s programmes and partnerships
- Lead on the design and selection of impact management systems, processes and tools
Communicating our impact
- Work with the Communications Manager to communicate our impact to key audiences and continuously refine marketing collateral and documentation
- Lead on content development for the Trust’s annual impact reports
- Advocate for our vision and participate in impact management ‘thought leadership’ (e.g. relevant roundtables, consultations, panels, conferences, workshops, etc. as well as blogs, social media, etc.)
- Any other duties as required by the Trust
We’re looking for a purposeful, talented and motivated individual who shares our vision and our ambition to put impact at the heart of tech innovation. The successful candidate will be a team player, with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A shared belief in Social Tech Trust’s vision of a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech
- Understanding of tech’s role in and impact on society
- Demonstrated experience of impact management - including measurement, analysis and reporting
- Interest in impact management innovations and the role of tech in impact management
- Experienced excel user - strong skills in quantitative analysis
- Experience of qualitative analysis and case study development
- Experience of synthesising data into actionable insights
- Good written, verbal and presentational communication skills; able to articulate complex ideas and put across recommendations with confidence to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- Action-oriented work ethic
- Attention to detail with a drive for excellence
- Understanding of impact investing
- Experience of supporting ventures
- Background in tech, entrepreneurship or the social sector
How to apply
To apply for the role of Impact Manager, please send your CV, together with a covering letter (maximum two sides of A4). Applications will only be considered if a covering letter is submitted. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses how you meet the requirements of the role as defined in the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 3rd June 2019. Initial interviews will take place on either 17th or 19th June 2019.
Please provide the names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers of two referees relevant to this role. References will only be taken with your permission, once your application has progressed to offer stage.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent