- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £23,000.00 - £28,000.00 gross per year
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Imports Manager to join this FMCG business based in Nottingham.
The ideal candidate will come from a similar industry and have solid experience within imports and some exports exposure as well.
The key function of the position is to ensure that all imports are management efficiently and effectively, looking for ways to improve and become more cost effective while still offer outstanding service for clients.
- Management of freight operations
- Ensure compliance
- Manage budgets
- Arrange, handle and coordinate all incoming freight shipments and follow up with customs for clearance
- Work closely with the sales team, supply chain, procurement team, warehouse and distribution
- Planning of deliveries
- Negotiate with freight forwarders
- Costings for new products, establishing variables like size volume, weight, exchange rate, lead time and order quantity
- Carry out day to day duties including booking containers, ensuring entries, paperwork received in time and tracking shipments
- Understanding and C88/E2's
- Knowledge of GSP Preferences
- Good knowledge of import legislation
- Some export experience would be an advantage
Please forward your CV via the link