- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 - £27,000.00 gross per year
- MANCHESTER LANCASHIRE
An Import Merchandiser working for a leading fashion supplier in Manchester City Centre.
Your new company
You will be working for one of Manchester's established fashion suppliers as an Import Merchandiser working within a small team in the industry, working with the Far East factories, managing the critical path and working with a number of different major high street retailers. It's an exciting opportunity working within a fast-paced fashion environment.
Your new role
- Working direct with factories in Pakistan / China / Bangladesh - this requires constant communication via email, phone and regular video conferences
- Checking and approving fit samples before passing across to the technical department for measuring.
- Navigating orders using the critical path - it is solely the merchandiser's responsibility to ensure this document is fully updated at all times and is constantly reviewed and submits are chased accordingly.
- Managing the shipping process with the factories, ensuring the correct bookings are made and chasing for shipping documents.
- Compiling shipping document packs and approving for payment with our internally shipping / accounts team.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to flourish for this role, you will need to have the ability to manage workload and prioritise where required as well as confidently report to team on tasks and flag issues where found. You should be able to confidently work alone but equally thrive within a team environment. You'll need good communication skills as an Import Merchandiser as you'll be working closely with a lot of other functions within the company.
What you'll get in return
You'll receive a competitive salary, flexible working and other good benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.