- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Independent Reviewing Officer to work with Devon County Council based in Exeter. This role is initially for a period of around 3 months and is paying an hourly rate of £41.00.
Devon will be launching a new Adolescent contextual Safety Framework for Young People developed from best practice across the country in November 2019. Key to the success of the approach is a new and exciting Independent Safeguarding Reviewing Officer (ISRO) role who will be dedicated to providing a new approach to Child Protection Conferencing for this cohort of Young People as well as chairing contextual peer-group conferences. In addition to the established skill-set and knowledge base of the ISRO, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to work Restoratively with young people, to help shape and develop this new role and the wider approach in Devon and contribute to the evaluation process.
- To work as an independent reviewing officer for children looked after, carrying out the role in accordance with statutory guidance (IRO Handbook, Care Planning Regulations, Working Together to Safeguard Children and departmental practice standards).
- To monitor the performance by the Local Authority of their functions in relation to a child’s case.
- To facilitate and promote the participation of a child within their review and ensure that any ascertained wishes and feelings of the child are given due consideration in the planning and review process. Applicant Requirements:
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working as an IRO in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w. Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.