- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Role: Individual Giving Officer
Reporting to: Head of Individual Giving and Supporter Care
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: 5 days a week (35 hours) with occasional evenings and weekends to meet the demands of the role
Contract: Full time, permanent
Pension: Employee 3%, Employer 7%
Holidays: 40 days per annum
At Beatson Cancer Charity we support and enhance the treatment, care and wellbeing of current, former and future cancer patients and their families. We work in partnership with the NHS, The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre and all related facilities. We also offer the wider community a unique opportunity to contribute to the fight against cancer in the broadest possible sense.
As a member of the individual giving team you will help us to achieve our ambitious fundraising goals whilst raising the charities profile and increasing its income. You will use a multi-channel approach to convert, retain and recruit supporters, championing Direct Mail and Digital Media.
You will have exceptional written skills and demonstrate the ability to understand and interpret data, with proven experience of delivering a variety of fundraising campaigns to a high standard, on time and within budget.
You will be responsible for the marketing and administration of our Legacy programme therefore experience of legacies would be beneficial. We will be investing in an ILM qualification to develop your knowledge and skills in this area, legacies are a fast-growing income stream in the charity sector, and this is an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
- Execute the individual giving strategy to reach agreed targets and raise significant income for the charity.
- Accountable for achieving financial targets.
- Create and edit engaging copy.
- Utilise data to plan and execute successful appeals.
- Manage Direct Mail campaigns, including working with suppliers for print and post.
- Utilise digital channels to increase donor engagement and complement Direct Mail campaigns.
- Manage administration and marketing of the Legacy programme.
- Assist in implementing telephone fundraising campaigns.
- Contribute to implementing a mid level donor programme.
- Work alongside colleagues in the marketing and communications team to utilise all areas of online fundraising.
- Ensure that activity is planned and coordinated using best practice, in line with GDPR, the Institute of Fundraising Code of Fundraising Practice, charity law, OSCR guidelines and other legal requirements.
- Assist in the development of the supporter journey structure with the implementation of improved triggered communications, customising steps of engagement to convert and retain supporters.
- Work alongside colleagues in the supporter care team to ensure effective development, retention and stewardship of new and existing donors.
- Produce analytical reports on all activity.
- Relevant individual giving, direct marketing or fundraising experience.
- Experience of working with the ’ThankQ’ database system or similar.
- Experience of creating and editing engaging copy.
- Knowledge of direct mail techniques and print production.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
- A positive attitude and flexible approach.
- Knowledge of GDPR.
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities, non-discrimination and accessibility.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A commitment to the vision, mission and ethos of the charity.
- Experience of Legacy marketing and administration with an ILM individual membership. The successful candidate will be expected to complete an ILM qualification. The qualification will be provided and paid for by Beatson Cancer Charity.
- Experience in committed giving and in memory giving.
- Knowledge of using online channels to increase donor engagement.
- Knowledge of administering BACS software to collect donations via Direct Debit.
- Knowledge of Gift Aid claims, submissions and reconciliation of payments.
- Experience of charity telephone fundraising.
- Experience of working alongside the NHS.
- Institute of Fundraising Member.
- Full driving licence.
If you have the skills, ambitions and drive to be part of Team Beatson click "Apply Now" to send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your experience and salary expectations.
- ms project