- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Harrow Council is recruiting for an information assistant to assist customers with the use of self-service equipment, transactions at the library desk, answering enquiries in person and via telephone.
The successful candidate will work every Saturday for 3 hours per day to provide lunchtime cover, working at other Harrow libraries as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping the library tidy and will support with administrative tasks
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Clear verbal communication (spoken English to be satisfactorily clear for telephone calls)
- Able to accurately file alphabetically and numerically and have legible handwriting
- Experience of and/or ability to work in a multicultural service delivering services without discrimination
- Demonstrate familiarity with computer applications including Microsoft Office software (Word as a minimum) and the internet
- GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London Borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit.
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
We particularly welcome female applicants, individuals under 25 years of age, those from the BAME community and disabled applicants, as they are under-represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.