- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The role of the IAS (Infrastructure and endpoint services) focal point reporting to the Consulting and Systems Integration Partner, is to be responsible for the leadership, growth and development of the IAS competency; including client engagements, delivery of solutions, recruitment strategy and continued development of skilled staff aligned to each competency.
- Be responsible for the delivery of a growth plan and target for the IAS competency, realistic growth targets will be agreed with the management team.
- Be responsible for managing the delivery of a strategic growth plan to achieve the agreed targets in line with sales pipeline and strategically targeted IAS opportunity’s.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of new IAS consulting and custom services aligned offerings where appropriate to achieve the growth and meet client requirements.
- Act as a trusted advisor with clients to define and sell IAS security solutions aligned to IBM Global competency best practise and that can be delivered profitably, on-time and to budget.
- Ensure the delivery capability for their competency is established in order to meet the growth strategy.
- Enable the Security Sales teams to effectively leverage IAS competency service offerings and solutions to drive business development and strategic pipeline growth plans.
- Provide oversight for delivery of projects aligned to their competency and directly support the delivery of projects where needed including troubled projects.
- Ensure they achieve a nominal utilisation target from personal oversight of delivery and / or delivery leadership
- Be responsible for balancing achievement of personal utilisation targets with
- Build trusted working relationships with many stakeholders including European and Global leadership, regional and local competency leads, Associate Partners, sales teams, and other lines of business in the UKI.
- Develop personal as experts in their competencies both internally and externally.
- Support delivery of special projects assigned to them by the UKI security leadership team where required.
- Support the wider business unit through active input and engagement, support and development of business initiatives, strategies, plans and individuals.
- Providing mentoring and reverse mentoring, advice and guidance to selected individuals both inside and outside the business unit.
They will work closely with:
- the Associate Partners, Security Sales Teams, Resource Management, PDM’s and the leadership team to support the business growth and profitability inc support for sales opportunities, advising RDM’s on resources allocation.
- the PDM team to assist in the Checkpoint reviews of individuals aligned to their competency
- other Competency Leads to co-ordinate advise RDM on allocation of resources to deliver the highest levels of productive utilisation and develop skills across the team where appropriate
- the GTS, GBS and MSS to develop offerings that are aligned to their needs and ensure successful deliver of projects
They will also need to work with:
- the European and Global Solution teams to support operation of processes and tools to enable effective solutioning for clients
- competency leaders and professionals, within UK and outside, to create solutions integrating different propositions into a cohesive client solution
- Professions leaders to assist in developing the careers of the professional in their Professions
- Work closely with PDM’s to assist in Performing quarterly Checkpoint reviews with those individuals aligned to their competency.
- Work closely with RDM’s to advise on resource allocation
- Work closely with MSS and Global Delivery Management, developing strong interconnect in support of UKI MSS and solution delivery.
- Take initiative to propose and agree with management new ways of working to improve efficiency of the competency and wider business.
- Define and implement a competency growth plan that identifies the target marketplace and offerings for the next 12 months and then defines the actions needed to deliver the growth
- Reuse global assets, Create new assets where appropriate, publish and reuse assets that can be used to support the improved efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Perform technical and delivery assurance of competency solutions, as required, for solutions being released to clients that are within the competency
- Support the opportunity management lifecycle by being a trusted advisor in selling new competency opportunities to clients
- Ensure the solutioning and delivery lifecycle process can demonstrate it supports the required business controls
- Support urgent solutioning and delivery requirements that may be required to support client timescales
- Ensure the competency is seen as a vibrant and enjoyable place to work
- Advise the RDM’s on the balance of solutioning and delivery resources across the competency to balance workload and encourage cross-fertilisation of skills
- Provide leadership of the competency via regular team calls
- Support the C&SI recruitment strategy including CV reviews and assessment centres where required
- Own resolution of escalations for solutioning, delivery and resourcing issues with the competency
- Provide monthly written status report on the competency with senior management stakeholders
- Support senior management by attending meetings and calls to support the effective operation of the business unit
- Support assigned initiatives to improve the operation of the SBU.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Be an expert in the IAS competency area with skills to size complex consulting and/or systems integrations solutions, experience in leading delivery of complex projects and develop skills and experiences to bring on a pipeline of competency experts.
- Ability to lead, empower and develop a team of security professionals who will define of solutions and then design, implement and run of project for multiple programmes and clients in parallel
- Ability to inspire, coach and grow a team of security professionals to develop through the IBM technical professions career framework
- Ability to prioritise and balance the different strategic, tactical and operational business objectives
- Be resilient and provide positive leadership even under tight deadlines, conflicting stakeholder requirements and challenging, complex problem solving
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Ability to analyse complex/new situations, anticipate problems and identify future needs then take initiative to implement new solutions and improvements
- Ability to network across all areas of IBM and clients in a trusted advisor role to influence and guide them to engage IBM Security to transform their security
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.