- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £39,674.00 gross per year
We're looking for talented Infrastructure Engineer with skills and experience in accessibility and assistive technologies to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies
- and putting the user at the centre of everything we do
- we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
You'll work on our Digital Workplace project, which aims to modernise the way we work and enable our people to be at their best through technology solutions.
We have more than 80,000 people working across 800 sites so it's a huge and challenging project vital to the future health of DWP, the UK's largest government department.
The role of Infrastructure Engineer is to engineer support and maintenance of infrastructure solutions and services to improve system health and reliability.
Working in a team of infrastructure specialists and engineers you'll make sure services are optimally delivered and used.
In this role you will work on and around assistive technologies like Dragon, Fusion and JAWS, which help our diverse and talented workforce perform at their best.
So, experience with assistive technologies and enthusiasm for the potential of technological solutions to create equity of opportunity in the workplace will really help.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience of supporting assistive technologies (examples include but are not limited to JAWS, DRAGON, Read and Write Gold) in an Enterprise environment
- Evidence of seeing the bigger picture; understanding the user experience delivered by the interaction of infrastructure and specialist products
- Good knowledge of incident management/change management
- Experience of designing, building and operating a data centre including day to day management of storage, security and design activities to provide high availability of service.
Where you'll work
You'll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Manchester.
Find out more here:
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now.
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via
- ms project