- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Infrastructure Lead (Cloud) VP - 90218558
Posting Range:15 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Public Cloud Lead (VP)
About RFT Technology Strategy & Control
Strategy & Control is a key function that provides consistent oversight and progression of key planning, strategy & controls processes across RFT Technology to deliver an innovative, performant, well controlled organisation. It is comprised of five key functions – Location Strategy; Capacity Expansion; Controls Management; Innovation; and Public Cloud Control – and works across RFT to drive the wider design goals, ensure a common direction is established upfront for RFT strategic work, and ensure key cross RFT initiatives are actively and appropriately managed.
What will you be doing?
• You will develop strategies, best practice, processes, policies and MI to drive cost effective adoption of Public Cloud offerings across RFT
• You will develop, implement and manage governance function of Public Cloud utilisation by RFT application teams. This will include focus on cost optimisation through utilisation of Cloud features, development of KPIs and metrics as well as costs
• You will develop and implement training plan for technology teams to drive effective deployment of cloud across RFT
• You will engaged with RFT Technology leads to understand demands, risks, and issues to ensure that optimal model for Cloud utilisation is delivered
• You will work closely with Architecture, Shared Technology, cloud providers and other teams to ensure integrated tools and processes are in place to support effective cloud utilisation requirements, e.g. automation scripts & tools, reporting etc.
What we’re looking for:
• Strong technical background; good understanding of application architecture and development; awareness of Public Cloud offerings, services and operating model
• Excellent numeracy / data analysis skills. Experience creating MI including KPIs and operational reporting to drive operational change
• Proven track record working with senior stakeholders; excellent presentation skills
• Project management capability with proven track record of delivery of complex projects to time and budget
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of financial services within an IT department/consultancy company and capable of strong vertical reporting and producing high quality management information (MI) reports
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, and make sure that 196 Barclaycard payments every second happen seamlessly. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.