- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 - £50,000.00 gross per year
Our Clients vision is to be a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. They develop and deliver the most cutting-edge projects, focussing on the new frontiers being pushed by the sector.
Role Purpose - The Research and Disruptive Innovation (RDI) team lead the organisation's search for future technology. Carrying out foresighting, roadmapping and thought leadership, the RDI team identify cross-sector solutions and carry out research, development and demonstration to derisk new technologies. There is a strong focus on enabling high growth potential SMEs to enter the sector through technology assessment, identification of funding (public and private), test services and growth through commercialisation of new products and services.
Through MEECE, the organisation will be supporting Welsh companies by helping to develop, demonstrate, verify and validate new technologies. The Innovation Manager will support the MEECE Programme Manager on engagement with SMEs, developingsupport plans and tracking progress.
Key Responsibilities - * Identify and engage with high growth SMEs to develop support activities that will help the companies develop and commercialise new technology.
* Support strategic relationships with industry and academic partners relating to energy systems technologies.
* Support the planning and delivery of workshops and events relating to MEECE.
* Support the MEECE Programme Manager in delivering the MEECE project.
* Assist with the development of written deliverables such as internal progress reports and analysis of impacts.
* Contribute to development of the business through improvements to innovation management processes.
* Ensure compliance with the governance processes of MEECE and the organisation.
* To establish and maintain strong links with the organisation's partners (industry and academic).
* Develop the organisation's strategy for innovation programmes that will lead to the delivery of the organisation's objectives
* Support the development of a programme of innovation activities that will underpin MEECE's move towards the "thirds" model (deriving revenue from InnovateUK, other public and industry in equal parts)
Qualifications/Experience- * A degree or equivalent in a science, engineering or other relevant discipline.
* Good networking and communication skills.
* Excellent report writing skills for internal and external publication.
* Understanding of innovation funding programmes.
* Understanding the challenges of SME growth.
* Pro-active and self-motivated.
* Flexible and adaptable
- ms project