- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have an exciting opportunity for an Inspector to join a company based near Cambourne, between Cambridge and St Neots. You'll need to have your own transport to reach this village location. You'll work 37.5 hour week, with an early finish on Fridays! The company offers training so you can further your skills.
* Perform goods inwards inspection of bare PCB's, assembled PCBs (SMT/ Through Hole) Metalwork and specific parts as directed by the quality manager in accordance with published procedures.
* Carry out final inspection of completed assemblies in accordance with published procedures, including identification and cleaning of units prior to passing to dispatch.
*To collate documentation relating to goods inwards certificate of conformities, ensuring that they are all present and archived at regular intervals.
* Maintain quality records relating to all inspection activities.
* Assist with PCB assembly referee inspections to IPC-A-610 where required and inspection of any reworked products.
* Maintain the quarantine area ensuring all items are identified, logged and progressed.
* Raise supplier reject notes on either receipt of non-conforming product or if found during manufacture, ensuring the correct response has been provided by the supplier.
* Record and feedback any internal assembly defects via the works order documentation and communicating with the relevant team leader line manager any significant defects found.
* Training and mentoring in house PCB assembly staff and other areas as required to IPC standards
* Perform internal audits and patrol audits as defined within the published audit schedule on time.
Desired attributes for role:
* Excellent attention to detail whilst maintaining product delivery timescales
* Able to prioritize work load to ensure operations planned dates are achieved
* Familiar with inspection of Bare Printed Circuits, Assembled PCB's with surface mount and through hole components.
* Experience of PCB assembly an advantage
* Ideally working knowledge of IPC-A-610 Class 3 requirements (ideally IPC qualified)
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications and ability to inspect metalwork and finished power supply enclosures.
* Able to quickly identify component values (SMT and Conventional Through Hole Parts)
* Proficient in the use of measurement equipment (Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, Multimeter)
* Ability to provide positive constructive feedback to other employees relating to products and processes.
* Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cambourne, Cambridgeshire,
Apply for this job now.