- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £55,000.00 gross per year
Our client is one of the world’s largest privately held Independent Insurance Brokers and has been in business for in excess of 50 yrs, has offices in both the UK and globally, and has specialists in all areas of insurance.
They are currently looking for a Development Executive for the Glasgow office to generate profitable new business opportunities and conversion to the company. Maintain and expand client relationships, both in terms of quality/value and achieve or exceed personal sales targets through new business and client development activity. Serve as the client's advocate within the company and ensuring service is of appropriate quality.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding, accepting and promoting the company culture, remaining consistent with the organisation's philosophies and mission statement.
- Look for new production and associate talent.
- Responsible for the production of a personal Commitment Plan detailing their new business, client retention, networking, personal development and financial plans.
- Be personally accountable for revenue commitments, maintain up to date information on current performance (booked revenue and pipeline value). Take pro-active steps to remedy shortfall with appropriate actions.
- Negotiate fees or commission earnings with clients and ensure credit control is compliant with group standards.
- Where required participate as an active and committed member of the Office Executive Committee.
- Support and coach other Development Executives and junior associates to assist where possible in achieving their goals, together with challenging their performance and contribution.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of prospects to meet short medium and long-term financial goals.
- Obtain key financial data and relevant information for targeted prospects.
- Provide ground up annual budget for retained book and new business.
- Implement a systematic communication plan on targeted prospects and have specific objectives for each meeting.
- Provide activity reports and pipeline status (via pipeline management tool).
- Provide leadership to and maintain effective working relationships with all Associates to ensure the best possible environment for client service.
- In conjunction with service team, work to ensure all activities undertaken on behalf of the company are compliant with internal standards and procedures and our regulatoryobligations.
- For all clients in portfolio, including allocated house accounts, monitor service standards and client satisfaction through regular contact with client and service team. Engage in resolution of client issues.
- In conjunction with service team, work to ensure that Travel and Entertainment expenses are carefully managed in accordance with corporate policy
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- Knowledge of the resources available within company and how to source such services.
- An understanding of the relevant classes of business.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- An understanding of the general, legal principles of insurance.
- An understanding of risk management concepts and when these are useful to clients.
- Ability to consult clients on other company services and insurance needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates.
- Presentation skills in both preparation and execution.
- Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to instil confidence with clients so that the client looks to you and to the company as more than just an insurance broker, but as a partner in business.
- Ability to coordinate the production of company reports or presentation material which clearly explains necessary detail to clients, insurers and associates.
The candidates must demonstrate strong internal / external relationship management abilities, good interpersonal skills aligned to first class customer service values and a passion and drive to further develop the company’s reputation and client base.