- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Integration Specialist - 90228635
Posting Range:26 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Integration Specialist
As an Intergration Specialist, you’ll be supporting a set of strategic programs and platforms for delivering data, document and decision-making capabilities and solutions across Barclays UK.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver on agile customer data & journey roadmap; on time with quality and consistency with greater emphasis on automation
• Leading a team of business analysts, designers, developers in delivering strategic customer facing journeys like Customer Profile and One Touch journeys
• Supporting the development of customer data strategies and roadmaps for the supported business areas
• Working with Agile and Waterfall methodologies to further accelerate transformation
• Be accountable to the Programme Manager for quality and control of all services provided to them
• Adding clarity to business requirements; challenge business requirements and demands to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
What we’re looking for:
• Strong understanding of APIs, MCAs, interfaces between channels and back end data platforms
• Excellent understanding of interdependencies between customer journeys and customer data
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Broad and solid understanding of the creation of customer facing journeys to ensure customer data is up to date and in sync across the Bank
• Experience of a complex financial services environment
Where will you be working?
• Radbroke Hall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Cheshire countryside and home to our 3,200-strong team
• As we’re based in the country side, we have accommodated many facilities including our subsidized canteen, onsite Starbucks café, Tennis and Squash Courts, Gym and shop
• We have a really open, friendly culture here at Radbroke and sense of community.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.