- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £37,000.00 gross per year
Support the Senior Financial Accountant in ensuring that systems of financial discipline, integrity and control are maintained. The role will ensure payments, journal postings, reconciliations, forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations and associated control processes are completed in accordance with the Financial Accounting timetable.
- Preparation and review of bulk payments to suppliers, staff and other third parties in line with applicable guidance ensuring robust approval processes are in place.
- Manage and reconcile the bank accounts and balances and perform key control account reconciliations for designated balance sheet accounts for manager review.
- Post journals relating to bank accounts, prepayments, accruals and other journals as required to ensure the integrity of data in Oracle financial systems.
- Assist in preparation of statutory and regulatory returns for manager review.
- Champion governance controls, challenging processes and practices to help achieve a high performing Finance function.
- Ensure operational procedures are up to date and continual review where change is identified. Establish a regular cross training programme to ensure that knowledge is maintained for periods of cover.
- Support accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, payroll, capital and technical accounting functions when required.
- Fully qualified CCAB accountant
- High level of IT literacy.
- Strong technical accounting skills, IFRS
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Excellent judgement, organisation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills allied with the ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Proven track record of delivering results while under pressure
- Strong ability to work without supervision
- Willingness to challenge, balanced by good interpersonal skills
You will be qualified via ACCA, CIMA or CA and have relevant experience of monthly reporting either within practice or industry. You will have management accounts experience a strong commercial awareness
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Ian Wilson in our Glasgow office on 0141 227 9113
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.