- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MARYLEBONE, LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
We have an interim opportunity for an HR Manager to cover maternity leave (14 months). The HR Manager will be expected to advise on best practice HR and will be the lead on dealing with case work for the Alpha Plus group of schools.
You must be an experienced and highly credible HR professional with a track record of managing and delivering a generalist HR service. You will have an up to date knowledge of employment law and have used this knowledge in a wide variety of HR situations. Experience in the education sector would be an advantage, although this is not essential. You will be a strong communicator with a proven ability to build highly effective internal and external business relationships at all levels.
Alpha Plus Group is one of the largest privately-owned school groups in the UK owning 20 schools and colleges, including some of London’s finest Prep and Pre-Prep schools.
Interviews will be held week commencing 6th January 2020 with an anticipated start date of 20th January 2020.
HR Policy and Advice:
- Overseeing the complex ER issues such as disciplinary, grievance, sickness, bullying and harassment, performance, flexibility working requests and any other employment legislation.
- Offering advice on contractual issues, terms and conditions, general employment law and HR best practice.
- Conduct an on-going review of employee policies and procedures, including consultation in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law.
- Performance management - provide guidance on the performance management process and support managers in the effective performance management of their staff.
- Lead the functions to support various HR processes including maternity and paternity leave and other forms of special leave.
- Co-ordinate and participate in all levels of disciplinary, grievance, capability and appeal hearings for Schools & Colleges.
- Advise Schools & Colleges on any departmental restructuring and make recommendations regarding individual and organisational situations.
- To liaise with Trade Unions where applicable and advise line managers in Union related matters.
- Managing the redundancy process from the initial consultation through to the final stages of the redundancy process.
- Preparation of Settlement Agreements as necessary and dealing with external consultants.
- Prepare management cases for tribunal hearings, appeals & complaints and provide coaching and support to managers involved in the process.
- Dealing with Subject Access requests from Schools and Colleges in line with legislation.
- Coach & support management & key personnel with best practices to drive a high performing culture at APG.
- Working with the managers and senior teams on any TUPE cases at the Schools & Colleges.
- Working and building effective relationships with all stakeholders within the Group.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement and foster high performance teamwork within the Schools & Colleges.
- Manage the process of exit interviews and creating a system to analyse results.
- Ensuring our external employment services are renewed each year in September.
- Managing the benefits and healthcare service providers for Alpha Plus Group.
- Developing robust succession planning frameworks and talent management strategy for APG, ensuring that key talent is retained which supports our growing portfolio of schools\colleges with the Head of HR.
- Lead the design and implementation of succession planning initiatives across Alpha Plus Group.
- Working with the HR Director/Head of HR on various strategy initiatives for the Group.
- Assisting the HR Director/Head of HR on implementing the HR strategy across the Schools & Colleges.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Good people management skills, able to delegate and escalate as appropriate.
- System focused with ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to approach confidential matters with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Ability to liaise confidently with senior management, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, approachable.
- CIPD qualified.
- Good knowledge in HR policies and processes.
- Strong employment legislation knowledge.
- Experience of handing varied and complex ER casework.
- Select HR is the HR System used by APG and its’ update and maintenance will be an integral part of your role - whilst you don’t need to have experience of using this system any exposure to this or similar HR systems is essential.
- Acloud Recruitment is used to advertise all roles within the APG group – any experience of using this or a similar on line recruitment tool would be an advantage.
- Good experience of using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) to create templates, mail merges, pivot tables etc.
- Understanding of HR and Payroll processes and basic employment legislation.
- Understand the principles of safeguarding in relation to child protection.
- Ability to work under pressure, identify priorities and meet tight deadlines.
APG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships