- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
The role is to carry out internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Group, the individual will report directly to the Head of Internal Audit. The majority of the work is based in the UK, and is a mix of office and some home based work with travel to visit the individual business units. Travel is maximum 30% of the role, with one annual visit overseas and a 1 week trip to Europe per year; there is a good amount of flexibility in the role. Specific duties will include:
- Taking ownership of internal audit reviews allocated from the Annual Audit Plan. Assessing risks present in a function or business process, designing an audit plan to test and examine the impact of the risks. Carrying out audit work and testing within agreed timeframes and drafting the audit reports to be presented to management;
- Deliver audit findings to staff and senior management through audit close meetings and working with management to devise an action plan to mitigate the risks identified.
- Perform follow up on previous audits obtaining supporting documentation and clarification of how risks raised in the original audit have been mitigated. Once all audit points have been resolved, draft and issue a follow up report to management and the Audit Committee.Performing an overseas branch audit once a year, focussing on the financial accounts, controls and processes in place;Assisting in the preparation of audit committee papers each quarter;Maintain open communication channels with key senior members of the business to establish good relationships across the business and be available for professional advice should issues arise;Liaising closely with the wider Assurance team including Compliance, over various industry changes, legislation, news, business impact and ad hoc queries;Work alongside the Head of Internal Audit to devise the yearly audit plan; andAssisting the Head of Internal Audit with ad hoc investigations, reporting and presentations, including responding to Audit Committee requests. The Successful Applicant
The individual should:
- Hold an accountancy or internal audit qualification and have experience in internal or external audit;
- Experience of IT system would be an advantage;
- Have a high level of computer literacy, a good working knowledge of business processes and controls. Experience of using computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis tools an advantage;
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- Be self-reliant and strongly motivated, able to work alone, demonstrate initiative and show a willingness to learn and develop;Be an effective communicator at all levels, equally comfortable presenting to an senior management and discussing issues with operational teams;Have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; andDemonstrate a keen interest in improving both themselves and the business.