- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Posting Date Apr 11, 2019
Job Number 190012WM
Job Category Administrative
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn, 86 Fetter Lane, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Internal Communications Executive will be a digital savvy internal communicator ready to use industry best practice to help shape the internal communications channels strategy for Marriott International in Europe.
Working alongside the Director of Internal Communications and in collaboration with HR, the position will develop and enhance the company’s online internal channels to help associates better understand Marriott International’s vision, goals and business plan. The jobholder will also deliver creative content that helps to drive pride and belief in the company and its 30 brands.
In addition, the Internal Communications Executive will write interesting and relevant content for members of the European senior leadership team, and work with them to drive leadership visibility across the Continent.
The jobholder will be expected to have a natural aptitude for writing, visual storytelling and the ability to translate complex subjects into digestible and easy to understand content.
- Location: London
- In collaboration with HR, help shape and deliver the company’s internal communications strategy for online, digital and social media channels.
- Plan, write and edit communications materials for the company’s internal communication channels.
- Devise and deliver plans for exploitation of online, digital/mobile channels.
- Work with the Director of Internal Communications to write senior leader messages.
- Use their understanding of publishing, design, photography, videography and info-graphics to create engaging content.
- Develop new tools to improve communication.
- Understand how to use video and digital media to support content.
- Update and publish intranet content, including company news and features.
- Write for Europe wide communication projects and issues.
- On standby to assist with internal or external communications in a crisis.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience sourcing and writing news articles, features, interviews, speeches
- Experience of online writing and editing
- Experience of online analytics
- Experience of content management and development
- Proof-reading, subbing, and editing
- Editorial experience
- Experience of managing and developing online channels
- Ability to influence and operate at all levels
- Thorough planning and organisational skills
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to translate complex messages into simple language
- Ability to present work quickly and accurately to a high standard
- Flexible and willing to work unsociable hours with little or no notice
- Able to multi-task, self-motivated and able to self-manage projects.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a communications dept, newspaper, magazine or PR agency with a real focus on digital/mobile communications
- Proven experience of delivering well written and creative communication material
- Understanding use of photography
- Understanding of internal tools and techniques – story-telling, engaging associates
- Experience of planning content for online channels
- Understands how to tailor messages to different audiences
- Handles a high workload, effectively managing more than one task
- Flexible and adaptable, with core communication skills (writing, planning, creative thinking)
- Tact and discretion to handle sensitive information;
- Crisis management experience Expertise / Specialist Knowledge (Essential or desirable)
- Ability to travel internationally
- High energy and enthusiasm
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.