- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,001.00 - £30,000.00 gross per year
Job Profile Student Support - Admissions
To provide a range of recruitment and administrative functions to support the International Office.
You will be required to support the development of Apollo Global international activities.
- Support International Office and other staff in the recruitment of international students and delivery of international business.
- Assist in achieving targets for international student recruitment and business.
- Organise arrangements for receiving and tracking enquiries, applications and enrolments. Process and respond to e-mail enquiries
- To answer telephone enquiries and ensure all calls are logged
- To call current students to ensure repeat bookings/applications.
- To undertake all admissions tasks required for the processing of international student applications, providing a professional service
- To record and process student applications efficiently, making offers in line with agreed criteria
- Process students' bookings and applications on salesforce.com, X3 and Athena accordingly.
- Face to face dealing with students when required.
- Organise procedures for issuing and recording visa documentation
- Organise inputting of data and maintenance of records.
- Organise reporting of data to international team.
- Liaise with BPP Customer/Student Services team to ensure arrangements for provision of international information.
- Contribute to customer service and to the international recruitment and business development work
- To work with clients in a positive, polite and friendly manner
- Participate in BPP University events, and where appropriate to be involved in organising events.
Department Sales & Marketing - International Admissions
Location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- Collegiate/creative approach to work, i.e. a ‘can-do' attitude.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- This role will involve dealing with international students. The successful candidate will have the ability to empathise with people and relevant market places within the professional services sector.
- The drive and desire to move the International business forward and play an instrumental part in its development.
- Clear logical thinking and good planning skills, coupled with the ability to work well as part of a team in a very collaborative environment.
- Ability to work speedily and accurately to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Educational industry knowledge will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Organisational skills and ability to use own initiative to manage work load
- Decision-making skills
- Adaptable to change
- Proactive in suggesting ways to increase sales
- A friendly approach
- Excellent customer services skills
- Strong keyboard skills
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
International Admissions Officer JD & Guide.pdf (924 Kb)
- customer service