- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Intl Testing & Validation: EMEA Operational Risk Testing ConsultantWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The International Testing & Validation (T&V) function provides independent risk oversight through the execution of standardized testing and issue validation activities across non-US-based regions. Specifically, International T&V provides independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively across the following key risk types: Financial Crimes, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Risk; and risk programs such as Business Process Risk Management, Information Security, Information Risk, Third Party, Process/Transaction, Conduct, Change Management, Product/Service and Human Capital.
The EMEA Operational Risk Testing & Validation Team within the International Testing & Validation organization is responsible for providing assurance on the internal control environment through specific controls testing, targeted reviews and issues validation primarily driven from the Operational Risk and the Business Process Risk Management program which at times may include components from other corporate program and risk types.
- Engage with key stakeholders within relevant lines of business and Operational Risk team members to effectively plan testing activity, coordinating this with the relevant Engagement Lead or lead the engagement for small and non-complex engagements.
- Plan and perform Operational risk testing activities that independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to Wells Fargo's businesses based on defined testing plan and methodology.
- Keep all stakeholders apprised of review progress through formal updates throughout the engagement and on the potential issues so that there are no 'surprises' for lines of business.
- Plan and perform issues and corrective actions validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to remediate issues based on defined methodology.
- Identify and raise gaps, issues and recommendations for control enhancements and formally agree associated action plans in consultation with the relevant senior management.
- Formally document testing activity within the working papers in accordance with the methodology.
- Support writing reports and presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing activities.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other key T&V points of contact within Corporate Risk, Wholesale and WIM to ensure consistency of T&V programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain understanding of the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management, Operational Risk Framework, and T&V Standards and the interconnectivity of its key components.
- Maintain understanding of business operations and regulatory guidance / expectations.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or
- a combination of both above in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Proven operational risk testing or other related experience within an internal/external audit or other relevant testing function at global financial institutions.
- Good knowledge of front to back activities and key processes pertaining to wholesale banking or capital markets or wealth & investment management or corporate staff group businesses.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex and matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent organization skills, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Strong leadership, relationship building and collaboration skills and ability to operate in a team-oriented culture.
- BS/BA or equivalent Degree or higher in business or a related field.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Relevant or working toward Audit related certification (such as ACA, ACCA, CIA or similar).
- Ability to travel 10% or more of the time.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.