- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM, GB
Investment Oversight Analyst (1900049D)
PRIMARY LOCATION : UNITED KINGDOM
ORGANIZATION : AXAIM Framlington
CONTRACT TYPE : Regular
SHIFT : Day Job
SCHEDULE : Full-time
To provide & coordinate investment, performance and risk analysis for the Framlington Equities investment governance forums, contribute into Core Investment Platform investment governance committees and undertake specific analysis/reviews on an ad hoc basis as required
- Provide meaningful contributions to investment governance meetings for the review of investment, risk and performance across the full scope of funds managed by the Framlington Equities investment team
- Provide investment oversight on an ongoing basis
- Investigate and collate relevant information to provide detailed analysis of investment, risk and performance outcomes and provide update communications as appropriate
- Be aware of market trends and company-specific events and monitor the impact on strategies, proactively highlighting potential areas of concern to the management team
- Perform granular analysis on specific strategies on a pro-active and reactive basis.
Experience and Qualifications
Technical Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- Strong quantitative background – mathematics/econometrics/engineering preferred
- Experience in Risk and Performance analysis or similar role
- Risk management/performance & attribution /portfolio analysis background
- Knowledge of fundamental analysis
- Understanding of equity portfolio characteristics
- Strong Equity bias required but experience of multi-asset risk management useful
- Strong Excel skills essential
- Strong FactSet/Bloomberg skills preferred
- English speaker, French useful
- Knowledge of derivatives strategies & implementation useful
- CFA or equivalent (or can demonstrate progress towards this)
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Candidate needs to have experience in detailed risk, performance & portfolio analysis.
- Creative ability to structure analysis in relevant ways in order to provide meaningful insights for risk, performance and Investment results.
- Ability to understand risk models from first principles and evaluate outputs accordingly (need to be able to challenge model outputs from a basis of deep understanding of how risk models are constructed and the implications of the assumptions under which they are specified)
- Good communication & presentation skills (experience presenting internally at minimum/to clients or consultants useful)
- High degree of reliability and accuracy.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills.
- Need to be able to apply judgement/form & express views on portfolios/markets based on analytics.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously where needed but collaboratively also – a team-player mind-set is preferred.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.