- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ref runeri122019 CDI Erith United Kingdom Within the CSDO department, the RUN DC team is responsible for the deployment and maintenance of datacenters. It is also responsible for defining a development strategy for datacenters that meets OVH's growth targets.
As L1 Technician, you will provide level 1 support to datacenter teams, subsidiaries and OVH customers as well as help to set up and maintain datacenters. You will be part of a group of L1 technician teams that operate 24/7, managed by a Team Leader.
Contribute to datacenter systems architecture, as the first level of support (L1)
- Optimize bays for new servers
- Wire the incoming cables and network of servers within a bay, respecting the wiring scheme
- Install servers as required by the Team Leaders and in accordance with the operational plan
- Assemble and install computer hardware (assemble/install/ upgrade/update computers)
- Follow safety rules and regulatory requirements
- Call in an L2 technician if needed Contribute to datacenter maintenance, as the first level of support (L1)
- Intervene on the servers in response to monitoring alerts or customer tickets
- Upgrade the servers (change obsolete components) according to the list of work to be carried out
- Undertake curative maintenance on delivered servers
- Identify intervention stages using diagnostic information
- Apply maintenance procedures
- Update wiring systems
- Restructure computer bays
- Implement actions to resolve problems related to the server environment
- Ensure computers are functioning properly via analysis and monitoring
- Set up specifications and maintain databases (server, components and other)
- Manage and resolve system failures quickly and well
- Call in an L2 technician and escalate incident tickets to L2 support if needed Your skills?
- Knowledge of physical datacenter infrastructure
- Understanding of OVH products desirable but not essential
- Ability to follow and document internal procedures
- Advanced sense of service
- Good communication skills within a team
- Organized, autonomous and adaptable Your background?
2 years' higher education in electronics / IT / maintenance
Votre équipe Run Datacenter
Notre équipe Run Datacenter est responsable de l'urbanisation de nos centres de données et de la maintenance de nos infrastructures. Elle…