- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Recruitment Crowd are currently recruiting on behalf of a fantastic client for an IT Infrastructure & Support Technician.
Working within a small IT Team you will take ownership of the core infrastructure including the Hyper-V environment (patching, maintenance windows, backup success and recovery etc.) as well as the general networking environment (physical and virtual). You will be experienced with configuring Firewall/VPN, VLAN, QoS, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi APs, switches and routers.
You will be maintaining/trouble-shooting Exchange Server 2013 (STD) so will require good working knowledge of this environment and will have experience managing upgrades to recent Exchange versions and/or exposure to 365 integration.
The client operate with a small IT team (3) and so the scope of the role is wide; you must be willing to contribute at any technical level. For example, providing additional support and cover during incidents/holidays/absence of team members, possibly providing support face-to-face at the user’s desk.
On occasion, particularly during infrastructure projects, you may be required to travel to other sites.
* Maintain/trouble-shoot the Exchange Server 2013.
* Ownership of the core infrastructure including the Hyper-V environment (patching, maintenance windows, backup success and recovery etc).
* Maintain/trouble-shoot the general networking environment (physical and virtual).
* Installation and support of virtualised servers with replication.
* Accountability for delivery of support services for Microsoft core business technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, 365, SQL, SharePoint, Sage.
* Helping to develop and deploy proactive services that will reduce the need for reactive support.
* This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
The Successful Candidate will have knowledge and experience of:
* Windows Server (Apply online only)) installation & management
* Hyper-V installation and management
* Networking: Routing, VLAN etc.
* Backup solutions (Veeam or Altaro)
* Firewall/VPN installation, rules management, support and problem solving
* Microsoft Exchange 2013+ installation, migration and support (DAG)
* High standard of documentation
* Good technical problem-solving skills
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Ability to identify and provide resolution to issues that jeopardise the level of service
* Ability to manage resolution of issues from start to finish
* Good communication and people skills
* Driving Licence/Own Transport
Knowledge of the below would also be an advantage:
* Microsoft Certifications and ITIL Foundation may be an advantage
* Microsoft 365 migration and support
* Ruckus Controllers (Wi-Fi)
* SAN environments (implementation and maintenance)
* VOIP systems and routing
* MDM solutions
Please apply with a copy of your CV today
About the company