- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As the IT Operations Manager within the central division of this large Financial corporate, you will provide technical leadership, co-ordination, troubleshooting and incident support to 3rd party suppliers tasked with building, managing and maintaining the organisations core Cloud (AWS & Azure) platforms, infrastructure & applications used to deliver Group Finance Systems to its internal customer base.
Using your experience of IT Operations & Infrastructure, combined with your strong ITIL and processes knowledge, you will guide & influence how the platforms are managed, ensure IT Service levels are performing properly and meeting agreed KPI's and when necessary, leading & monitoring the 3rd party teams with technical insight when incidents arise.
The IT Operations Manager is also responsible for ensuring IT Service levels are maintained in-line with the IT Service Portfolio including Cloud & infrastructure availability & capacity management to meet current and future business needs so experience with AWS or Azure is required.
Other responsibilities include:
Service Management of the Production, Pre-production and Dev/Test environments. Ensuring appropriate controls, versioning and alignment of environments. Providing routine, planned and co-ordinated maintenance of operating environments by working with internal, inter-group and 3rd parties as needed. Working with the Service Resolution Manager and Service Delivery Manager to ensure Service levels are being met and agree suitable actions plans to remediate under performance.
Suitable candidates for this newly created IT Operations Manager role will need a technical background including Cloud & infrastructure, good ITIL skills (ideally certified), good people skills and the ability to drive improvements to performance, reliability & availability through 3rd party suppliers.
Skills & Experience:
- Technical Knowledge
- ITIL certified, alternatively, extensive experience
- Knowledge of Cloud - AWS or Azure preferred including capacity planning, understanding efficiencies, utilisation etc
- Experience of working in conjunction with 3rd party suppliers' technical teams.
- Databases eg SQL, DB2, Access
- Reporting (BI/MI), Prophet, Mainframe, SAS
- Application monitoring and maintenance, including associated technologies Dynatrace
- Scheduling Technologies
- Environment and Infrastructure Monitoring solutions
- ITSM Platforms - Workflow, reporting, CMDB, Monitoring/Alerting
- BCP/DR solution planning/testing/Incident response
- IT security, GDPR
- Excellent understanding of the SDLC
- IT and Financial Control Frameworks
- Maintaining and managing complex IT Infrastructures via Hosted, Co-Lo and Cloud implementations in banking, finance or other heavily regulated environment is ideal
- Capacity and performance management
- Setting up and managing IT Change Control and Governance
- Setting up and managing application/event monitoring tools such as Dynatrace
- Disaster recovery
- Developing and leading 3rd party technical teams
- Strong understanding of security and technical architecture principles
- Experience in an ITIL based service management environment and developing and embedding best practice processes and IT controls
- Planning and responding to audits
Interested Candidates with relevant experience need to apply now and can expect initial feedback on their application within 72 hours.
About the company