- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IT Programme Manager / Director Programme Director
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking an experienced Programme Director to join HSBC Technology.
Brief overview of the business areas
This role sits within the Commercial Banking technology function, specifically focussed on one of the high priority transformation programmes for a Digital first, Mobile first and Cloud native, banking proposition, breaking ground on a number new leading edge technologies.
What you will be doing;
The Programme Director is responsible for executing the Programme strategy. The role holder plans, designs and directs the team to achieve complex Programme objectives, from contract /proposal initiation to full integration with "business as usual" and will ensures robust governance, supported by comprehensive reporting and communication.
- Executing the Programme strategy. Plans, designs and directs the team to achieve complex Programme objectives, from contract /proposal initiation to full integration with "business as usual".
- Leading a team of circa 350 employees across multiple geographies
- Ensuring robust governance, supported by comprehensive reporting and communication.
- Operating at an executive level and engage and influence a wide spectrum of stakeholders and partners across HSBC and 3rd Parties, including Global, regional and country CEOs, COOs and CIOs.
- Shaping the programme design, model and ways of working to adapt to changing demands
- Navigating the organisation and builds stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes.
- Assessing risks and issues, work with teams to generate and execute effective mitigation and contingency countermeasures. Manage problem situations effectively (including stakeholder engagement, and exceptional communication)
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Experience in Technology Project and Programme management.
- A strong track record of designing, developing and delivering stable technology
- Large scale, high profile programmes with IT budgets over $20M per annum.
- Leading some of the new Digital Technologies such as Cloud and AI
- Managing large teams with circa 300+ people across geographies
- Experience Leading programmes which scale across a complex matrix organization
- Leading Multi-vendor and scaled agile environments across geographies
- Experience with front to back systems (UX, UI, Front end development and APIs interfacing to more legacy based back end host systems)
The role will primarily be based in Park Street, London
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- ms project