- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service and high quality technical support. They must be well organised, self-motivated, punctual, and flexible in their approach to work. He or she must also be able to prioritise a variable workload and know when to escalate a problem appropriately. They will be required to communicate effectively with pressurised users at all levels, often whilst under pressure themselves. Whilst demonstrating that they are an excellent team player the candidate will have a solid background working within a busy team.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.As part of the team you will also have the opportunity to help improve the firms systems, procedures and knowledge base by contributing and collaborating.
Travel and overnight stays will be required as part of the role, to regional offices and external conferences.
Typical tasks will include
- Troubleshooting desktop / Laptop hardware and software issues
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided
- Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Providing assistance as required to the Service Desk Manager
- Escalating problems where necessary to management or third party suppliers
- Undertaking small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Service Desk Manager
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Service Desk Manager
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling requests and providing operational first/second line support
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues on your own and as part of a team
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure issues
- Handling escalated calls from IT Service Desk members
- Provide support to users via telephone, email and remote control
- Ensure regular call updates to manage client expectations
- Confident, clear and professional telephone manner
- Creating, updating and resolving incidents in ticketing system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keeping documentation up-to-date
- Liaising with 3rd parties and suppliers
- Administration support via Active Directory
- Following processes and procedures
- Carrying out daily check on firms infrastructure systems
- Flexible rota - Out of Hours cover on weekends The individual
The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service and high quality technical support. They must be well organised, self-motivated, punctual, adaptable and flexible in their approach to work. They must also be able to prioritise a variable workload and know when to escalate a problem appropriately. They will be required to communicate effectively with pressurised users at all levels, often whilst under pressure themselves. Whilst demonstrating that they are an excellent team player the candidate will have a solid background working within a busy team.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development including keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills
- To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness
- Ability to follow processes, policies, procedures and guidelines
- A lateral thinker
- Accepts change and adapts easily This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2008 / 2012 /2016
- Good knowledge of XenDesktop 7.15
- Good knowledge of video conferencing and audio visual solutions
- Good knowledge of Skype for Business
- Good knowledge of working with document management systems
- Knowledge of HP Printers and MFDs
- Knowledge of Exchange 2010
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge of Apple iOS (iPad & iPhone)
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP / DNS / DHCP / Active Directory
- Experience of working with VMWare Workstation for troubleshooting / diagnosing
- Beneficial but not essential, knowledge of Avaya VOIP technologies
- Beneficial but not essential, knowledge of accounting packages
- Beneficial but not essential, knowledge of Microsoft System Centre Config Manager 2016
- ITIL Foundation Certificate required. The department
The IT department is made up of a team of 16 which includes 9 x IT Service Desk Analyst, 2 x IT Infrastructure Engineers, a Service Desk Manager, Software Specialist Manager, IT Infrastructure Architect, Head of IT and IT Partner. The IT department, based in London and Bristol, is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 9 offices across the UK. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Service Desk Manager, Head of IT, IT Infrastructure Architect, IT Infrastructure Engineers and other members of the IT team.
Role reports to
Service Desk Manager
Monday to Friday, 35 hour week, working a shift rota between the hours of 08:00am to 6:00pm. Flexibility is a must as shift coverage, out of hours support and occasional overtime during projects and rollouts is a requirement of the role.
Out of hours support is on Saturday and Sunday and bank holidays between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
There will on occasion be a requirement to travel to our other offices, so candidates should have a full UK driving license.