- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Planet Forward have been engaged by a Leading Aerospace and Defence company to source an IT Support Technician to join them in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
The IST Support Technician's role is to support and maintain the in-house computer systems, desktops and peripherals and end users via the IT Service Desk. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required.
* Strategy & Planning
* Assist in capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
* Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
* Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
* Define technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
* Work with end users to deliver required PC service levels.
* Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operations and other issues.
* Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
* Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
* Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
* Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails, Service Desk Tickets regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
* Maintain inventory of all IT Assets.
Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
* Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
* If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
* Ensure that Client-side Endpoint protection is active and applied to all workstations at all times.
* Ensure that Client-side patching is active and up to date across all workstations at all times.
Knowledge and Experience
* Good technical knowledge of network and PC hardware.
* Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
* Experience with Microsoft Office 2013/2016
* Good understanding of Microsoft computer Operating Systems
* Good understanding of networking principals, including TCP/IP.
* Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, & operating systems.
* Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
* Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
* Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch for a confidential conversation on (phone number removed).
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the website