- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Ives
Linx Printing Technologies have an exciting opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator to join their growing team in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
IT Systems Administrator - About Linx:
We are a local Cambridgeshire business, based in the beautiful market town of St Ives, but also part of the globally renowned Danaher Group. Linx manufactures and distributes specialised thermal, laser, inkjet printers, supplies and services to SME's all over the world. Our uncompromising commitment to investment in R&D in an ever changing world is what makes us stand out from the crowd. This, along with our dedicated, expert after sales service and support is what makes us a cut above the rest.
Our state-of-the-art facilities, large open plan offices and communal dining area provide an inclusive and innovative environment for our 270 plus employees.
This is not your usual clock in/clock out manufacturing company, we are much more than that! We are engineers, we are scientists, technologists, assemblers, distributors and administrators. Most importantly we are a team. We believe in our people, in continuous training, in always researching and developing new ideas and processes, in listening, in motivating, incentivising and in recognising and rewarding talent.
IT Systems Administrator - The Role:
Work/responsibilities regularly span multiple job families within this job group. Provides technical and professional advice and services in the development and maintenance of corporate information architecture, infrastructures and systems to enable the achievement of strategic business goals and objectives. Individuals draw upon knowledge of the standards regulatory requirements (including GDPR) and guidelines established by information technology professional associations and societies.
Whilst a broad focus is required to support the day to day aspects of the local IT systems, there are opportunities to work with, and become, a recognised expert across the wider group of Danaher companies focusing on specific technical fields of interest, including networking, security and Windows Servers.
IT Systems Administrator - Responsibilities:
- The installation, configuration, operation, provisioning and maintenance of hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Running the IT helpdesk including assigning and resolving support tickets within a specified SLA and working within Active Directory to create, change and delete user accounts.
- Installing new and rebuilding existing servers, as well as configuring hardware, peripherals, services directories and storage.
- To participate in research and development activities to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Performing daily backup operations to the appropriate media and cloud solutions.
- Updating the Siemens phone systems as well as configuring company mobile phones.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, monitoring and managing all aspects of the infrastructure including Clients, Virtual Servers (Hyper-V), Local and Wide Area Networks, Switches, Routers, Security and associated applications.
IT Systems Administrator - You:
- Previous experience within a systems administration role in a Windows environment
- Experience of installing or rebuilding servers and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories and storage
- A proven track record of maintaining PCs, Switches, Firewalls and printers
- Demonstrable understanding of network, client and server security tools
Highly organised, results focussed and detail oriented, must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, a team player mentality with a strong customer focus.
Core Competencies (in order of priority)
- Windows Servers
- Active Directory
- Network technologies
- Cisco Switches
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Office 365
- Security products, processes and applications e.g. Duo, Nexpose, Anti-virus, Carbon Black, Red Canary, PhishMe etc.
- System monitoring - PRTG, Splunk
- Microsoft Azure - Disaster Recovery and Azure Site Recovery solutions
- PC configuration
- SAN Storage (NetApp)
- Helpdesk management and ITIL processes
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Group Policy updates
- Cherwell ITSM
- User Access Management and SOX Controls
IT Systems Administrator - Benefits:
As a member of the Linx Team, you will receive:
- World class and worldwide learning and development opportunities and job specific training
- Access to Danaher DBS Academy
- Up to 6% matched pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Access to BUPA, Dental Health care and the cycle scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance program
Role specific benefits may include Annual Bonus scheme or Commission structure
To submit your CV for this exciting opportunity, please click apply now!