- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Java Developer - 90224700
Posting Range:26 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Would you like to help us redefine the future of finance? We’re looking for some OOP superstars with a taste for cutting some sensational Java. As a Java Engineer within our Channels Engineering team you will be as passionate about technology as we are. In return, we will help you become the best developer you can be, as you will play a key role in helping us build and deliver seamless, end-to-end technology solutions to our clients, supporting our vision and strategy for Technology & Operations.
What will you be doing?
• You will be working as a software engineer with a focus on Java
• Working in an end-to-end development environment to produce the best code possible
• Promote and drive stewardship and application best practices within the development team
• Challenge any requirements that are incomplete or do not provide sufficient clarity to support effective software development
• Champion innovation by recognising newly arising opportunities for improving customer satisfaction, achieving technical excellence and improving the delivery of a software product
• Manage requirements to understand how they will be tested following production of code
• Be able to provide succinct details in written format and verbally to Stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
• Commercial development experience using Java 8
• Experience working within a Spring/Spring Boot framework
• Knowledge of Micro Services
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Exposure to Extreme Programming Environment
• Devops skills (eg Docker, Jenkins etc)
• Exposure to OOP with C, C++, C#, Scale would all be very useful
Where will you be working?
Barclays Digital, Manchester: Where the best meet to build careers full of scope, variety and reward. Creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions, and redefines the future of finance. Our Digital office is based in the heart of Spinningfields: we’re close by to shops, restaurants, bars; as well as having good transport links to towns and cities across the North West.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.