- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you ready for a massive professional challenge?
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Accounting skills? Are you looking for an accounting experience that isn't like any other company? We are looking for exactly that kind of person.
At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our accounting team gets a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
As Accounting Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the accounting team based in London, reporting directly to the Regional Financial Controller.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will support the regional controller in leading the accounting team in coordinating monthly, quarterly, and annual close & reporting (US GAAP) process
- You will act as point of contact for internal and external audit activities
- You will effectively maintain local internal control environment and ensure compliance with SOX controls
- Prepare statutory financials statements (IFRS)
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and financial reporting fluctuations and analytics on a monthly basis
- Review & approve monthly accounting entries prepared by the team
- Variance analysis of monthly and quarterly actual financial performance
- Collaborate with internal tax teams to ensure the correct execution of tax compliance activities, including VAT, corporate income taxes, and monthly/annual payments and declarations
- Collaborate with corporate and international accounting, tax, treasury, and systems teams & other business stakeholders
- Lead in process improvement initiatives to drive efficiencies in the close process
- Provide support & coaching to the wider accounting team
- Ensure the accuracy of the work performed by the team including the appropriateness of the accounting treatment for US GAAP, IFRS and Local GAAP
We're excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Sound understanding of US GAAP & IFRS
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Big 4 experience required
- CPA eligible, if not licensed
- You're seeking to lead a collaborative but driven Finance department
- You're comfortable with MS Office, with Excel being your secret favorite
- Working knowledge of NetSuite accounting system a plus
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- You're curious, enthusiastic, adaptable in a fast paced environment, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally