- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
I am currently supporting a well-known IT solutions provider who service a fantastic client base across the region. Due to recent success, they are seeking a Junior IT Support Engineer to join the team and have the opportunity to work alongside talented engineers whilst gaining exposure to a broad range of IT related projects and activities.
The position will primarily be focussing on 1st Line Support with exposure to 2nd line support issues for clients via remote control technologies and site visits where required. You will also be responsible for documenting and supporting operational tasks to ensure systems are pro-actively managed to pre-empt and prevent any issues.
The products and services that are offered to their clients can be split into the following five categories:
• Enterprise Cloud Solutions
• IT Consultancy Services
• Monthly Support Plans
• Managed Services
• Hardware & Software Supply
• Answer telephone calls and emails from our clients reporting IT issues and log them on our support desk call management system.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support to our clients by resolving IT issues primarily using remote control technologies and where necessary with a site visit.
• Ensure ownership is taken of client problems and be proactive in resolving these issues.
• Ensure business, operational and technical procedures are documented.
• Ensure the Managing Director is aware of any serious support issue which is having a significant impact on a client.
• Assist with administrative and operational tasks as directed by the Managing Director.
• Perform regular checks of on client's IT infrastructures to ensure their systems are proactively managed therefore preventing problems before they occur.
• Ensure clients IT infrastructures have the latest updates applied and address any security vulnerabilities.
• Undertake IT consultancy and project work including the setup and configuration of new equipment.
• 1st Line Support Experience
• Microsoft Windows desktop OS
• Microsoft Office suite & other business applications i.e. Sage Accounts, Adobe Reader
• Exposure to server technologies: Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Dynamics, Citrix XenApp
• Ability to carry out basic administration tasks such as Active Directory user management, Exchange mailbox administration, SQL maintenance tasks
• Good understanding of TCP/IP networking (including hardware configuration & wireless)
If you would like to know more about the company and the position please don't hesitate to contact me for a confidential conversation - Tom Aldis