- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The role and the team
We are looking for a talented and hard-working Sub-Editor to join Citywire’s vibrant Production team.
You will work with Citywire’s editorial teams to edit text for publication across our stable of magazines aimed at investment professionals. Although you don’t need to be an expert on investment, you do need to be enthusiastic to learn.
As well as checking articles for accuracy, style and clarity, you will be responsible for devising snappy headlines and standfirsts, as well as working with the design team to come up with fresh, attractive ways of presenting content.
Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to work well in a team and a cool head under pressure are all essential attributes for this role. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership of projects and seeing them through to completion.
This role would suit a recent graduate or someone who has a couple of years relevant experience.
When you join us you will…
- Experience writing and editing text for publication, either from a previous sub-editing role or relevant experience with a university or independent publication
- Extensive knowledge of the English language – applicants will be required to take a spelling, punctuation and grammar test.
- Ability to manage complex workflows and multiple overlapping deadlines
- A degree in a relevant subject.
Some things it would be good to have:
- Adobe InDesign and content managements systems
- Working with data and charts
- Basic grasp of economics as it relates to investment
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme,
- Subsidised gym options.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.