- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Borough of Halton
Key Worker (SEMH Needs)
Vision for Education are looking to appoint an Key Worker (SEMH Needs) to join our successful supply team and work in a Halton-based PRU Secondary School. While a supply role in the first instance, this role could lead to a permanent role within the setting so long as all goes well. This role will be full-time.
Role of the Key Worker
- To support the student on a 1:1 basis or within a group setting, meeting their personalised needs and facilitating an outcome-driven approach.
- To support the students family where appropriate.
- To assist the team in developing specific, person-centred programmes that will meet individual needs.
- To contribute to, and deliver, a timetable of activities as part of a person-centred programme.
When a pupil is having difficulties in a mainstream school and might be (or has been) permanently excluded they may be referred to a Pupil Referral Unit. This school teaches the same National Curriculum and offer the same level of qualifications as a mainstream school. They also support pupils to address their emotional and behavioural barriers to learning.
To be considered for the Support Worker (SEMH Needs) position, you will:
- Have experience of working as a key worker/support worker in some capacity.
- Be able to show empathy to those in your care.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of staff.
- Have a fun and friendly approach with and without the adults in your.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you feel you can enthuse, motivate and engage those in your care, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Faye Butler on 0151 363 2266 or email@example.com