- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £24,000.00 - £28,000.00 gross per year
L1 Service Desk Manager
- £28,000Main Purpose:
As the manager of the Level 1 Technical Analyst team, you are responsible for overseeing the day to day management of the Level 1 engineers and the delivery of service excellence to customers.
You and your team will be directly responsible for ticket management, monitoring breach status and open backlog, prioritising engineer effort and time to meet customer SLAs and KPIs.
You will be proactive in your approach to work and ability to communicate effectively with others.
The L1 Service Desk Manager provides strong leadership, guidance and mentoring to a team of Technical Analysts.
You will motivate the team to deliver against agreed objectives, KPIs and SLAs Driving the adoption of continual service improvement.
This role will be pivotal in supporting the Technical Support Manager in leading the team to deliver an effective IT service, delivering excellence service to customers.
The Service Desk team is circa 35 strong and provides nationwide customer coverage delivering IT Support into its customer base.
The customer base covers a varied range of verticals predominantly Schools, Higher Education, Government and Corporate markets.
The services provided cover IT support (Level 1, 2 & 3), Major Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Asset Management, Proactive Monitoring & Maintenance of infrastructure.
There is also significant requirement for the team to participate in regular Change, Problem and Major Incident Management meetings.
The team will also implement Changes, Identify, diagnose and implement resolutions to Problems.
Key relationships with: The role is key in the Service Desk and is required to work closely with Customers and Suppliers, Third Party Contracts, and all other teams working towards delivering support services exceeding customers' expectations.
- - Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Take ownership of user problems, pro-active when dealing with user issues
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Drive continual improvement to systems and processes by identifying improvement opportunities, own and implement, improving our overall service offering
- Lead and take part in regular service review meetings in conjunction with other regions and departments
- Leader of L1 Technical Analyst team driving best practices to provide excellent service
- Produce, monitor and present regular reporting on team performance; contractual service levels and key performance indicators
- Manage team rota ensuring there is sufficient staffing levels to meet operational demands
- Daily team management; hosting regular performance and mentoring sessions, setting and reviewing targets for each analyst
- Act as an escalation point for internal customer and external customer escalations, managing them through to resolution
- Perform daily queue checks to manage individual and team queues
- Verify the quality, accuracy and timelines of responses and actions taken by analysts
- Manage team roles and responsibilities to ensure that team and individual tasks/objectives are completed within a timely, consistent and responsive manner
- Implementing and on-going management of documentation, processes and procedures to support working practices
- Answer / respond to "calls" according to process and policy (including time limits), resolving directly wherever possible in a professional manner
- Escalate issues to other teams according to service management processes
- Facilitate the sharing of know-how, including through the coaching of others and through documenting resolutions
- Manage people's expectations and in particular update people on progress or slippages
- Driving the adoption of continual service improvement in line with both Quality Management and CSAT activities
- Identify underlying issues to incidents arising and log as 'problems'
- Identify security incidents and log and escalate as appropriate
- Identify availability/capacity issues and major incidents and log and escalate as appropriate
- Provide support outside normal working hours, if required
- Update call records as further updates are known
Competencies and experience
- Previous experience of management of employees/teams
- Previous experience of customer service / service desk focussed role
- Ideally ITIL Foundation V3 or experience of
- Ideally experience of working in an ITSM structure
- Ability to lead, influence and develop self and others
- Drive, self-motivation and ability to work under own initiative
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent relationship and people management skills
- Excellent technical knowledge of the products and services supported by the desk
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent analytical/problem solving abilities with which to drive
- customer service