- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Salary: Competitive plus benefits Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Smithers Pira is a leading provider in technical and consulting services to businesses throughout the packaging and paper supply chain.
A new opportunity has arisen within our Distribution Testing department for a Laboratory Technician who wants to develop their skills within a well established and successful team. The department focusses on package testing solutions to help reduce shipment damage, troubleshoot packaging and supply chain issues, identify cost reduction opportunities, meet sustainability requirements and more. You will be working within a fast paced environment supporting the continuous work flow of the department.
You will be responsible for:
- - Carrying out multiple routine physical test programs and providing high quality data on time.
- - Assisting with test program planning and reporting.
- - Extensive use of Excel and Word to generate test documentation.
- - Inspection of products for damage.
- - Contributing towards the efficient organisation of equipment and resources.
If you enjoy problem solving, being hands on and have a passion for the physical sciences, this role would be ideal for you.
The successful candidate will:
- - Need to be a strong team player, have a methodical approach and have the ability to plan, organise and manage their own workload.
- - Ideally have a science or engineering degree, but candidates with hands on experience of working within a physical testing or device testing laboratory are also encouraged to apply.
- - Have a minimum of good A-level results in Maths and Science, Physics would be advantageous. You must be computer literate, particularly in Excel and Word.
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package to all our employees incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and flexible working hours.
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV and a covering quoting reference number 02-19.
Smithers Pira Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time